Sunday, June 5, 2011

Belle and Sleeping Beauty cake

The girls turned 3 and formed their own separate desire for their birthday cakes. They share everything, so I caved. One wanted Belle, and one wanted Aurora. This was my first real attempt at fondant. (made my own marshmallow fondant) Sleeping Beauty gave me all sorts of trouble. I tried to do the pleats and they did not work. I think I laid the fondant on that darn cake 4 different times. I finally gave up on my perfectionist ideals and left it the way it was. Because of that, I refused to cover Belle in fondant, and instead chose to piece together her dress. It turned out to be much easier. And the girls absolutely loved them. I am waiting to see what princess I will be making this October when they turn 4...

Oh and cutting the cake proved to be hilarious, because Belles dress was so thick from the layers we literally had to lift the dress up to get to the actual cake. That looked good.

IMG_7361
IMG_7362
IMG_7360

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background